WOOL CARPET CARECare for your wool carpet the way it deserves
Caring for Wool Carpet
If you own wool carpet, you know how beautiful–and how expensive–they can be. In order to keep them looking good, they require special care. Luckily North American Chem-Dry’s carpet cleaning experts are here to share their best tips for wool carpet care with you.
Professional Wool Carpet Care
- Keep dirt and stains away. There are lots of ways to prevent stains before they even reach your wool carpets. One idea is to keep mats at the entrances to your home. Not only do these look great, but they’ll catch dirt before it gets tracked it. Be sure to take off your shoes before you walk on the carpet as well. It’s also advised to frequently change filters in your heating and air conditioning systems, which keep dust and dirt out of the air and thus out of your carpets.
- Make a cleaning routine. If your carpets look dirty, it is past the time for them to be vacuumed. Dirt and dust settles deep within the carpets, and it’s only once you’ve accumulated a lot that you can begin to see it. Stay on top of this by vacuuming frequently. An upright vacuum with a beater bar/brush is the best type for cut pile carpet. A suction-only vacuum may be required for loop pile Berber carpets to prevent excessive fuzzing.
- Clean frequent traffic areas and the carpet directly in front of furniture often. These areas get a lot more foot traffic and thus collect more dirt than the rest of the of the house. They need to be vacuumed and cleaned more frequently than the rest of your carpet.
- Clean up spills when they occur. Always keep paper towels (with no print, as dye can transfer to your carpet) and cleaning solution on hand so that when a spill does occur, you can handle it before it sets and becomes a stain. This will save you a major headache.
- DO NOT apply stain repellent treatments which contain any silicone as they tend to accelerate carpet soiling. (Some carpet manufacturers do not accept responsibility for complaints where such treatments have been used.) When having your wool carpet professionally cleaned by Chem-Dry, ask about our Wool Safe® products.
Is it time for your wool carpets to be professionally cleaned? Give the experts at North American Chem-Dry a call today to experience the best wool carpet care in Sonoma County!
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout Sonoma County, including: Sonoma, Petaluma, Santa Rosa, Cotati, Rohnert Park, Glen Ellen, Kenwood, Sebastapol, Windsor, Healdsburg, and the surrounding areas.